Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Christmas preperations

Well, finally it is ok to celebrate my favorite time of year! I can't believe it is already December 2! Today is our Princess' 3rd birthday. wow! the time flies. I stayed up til 10:30 last night appliqueing her a strawberry shortcake shirt to wear today. So we let her open a couple of gifts, and we took her to our favorite mexican restaraunt. IT was a good day. SHe loved her baby doll stroller and high chair.
      Christmas is a great day. But getting there is the most fum. Black friday we always get our tree and decorate it. We always get each child a new ornament. SOmething that marks an important event in their life. One day, as they slowly leave home, my tree will become bare. I will give them their own ornaments to remind them of their childhood, and hopefully their wives will enjoy them as much as we do.
      We have lots of birthdays, so that is always in the mix.
      Christmas programs at church, annual Christmas open house here at our home, for the church members to come by and eat. Christmas carols, lots of gingerbread, parades, looking at lights, shopping, and cheer.
      It's such a fun time. Although I am aware that for many, its a very sad time. And I hate that.
This year we have so much to be grateful for. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas season. And the theme that is on my heart for this year, "He was born to die." And I am so glad Jesus did!

No comments:

Post a Comment