Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Regret

Living with regret is an aweful thing. Life has a way of leaving one with regrets, and  the realization that there usually is not much one can do about it. I have several regrets in my life. Some I try not to think about. Some that are t that major. And some that reshaped my life. Sometimes regrets aren't that big of a deal. Like when you go to Sams and see the neatest little rocking horse you would like to give your child for Christmas, but its only May, so you say "I will get it next time." But of course its gone. But they can also hurt you. One such instance happened to me recently. 
    I have several friends here in Town that I know love caramel cake.  Every  time  I make caramel cake or my now famous cupcakes, I always think of them. Just a few weeks ago I was making the cupcakes and I thought, I could run a few by my old neighbors houses. But, I didn't. No time. Out of the way. But now, I have regret. One of the neighbors died Sunday afternoon. I cant take her one anymore.  Cant give her something to help her smile in her bedridden state. Regret. As soon as I heard the news I thought of it. If only I had done it when I thought of it..... Its too late now. But I just hate that I didnt do it.  Ugh. 
Moral of the story...just go ahead and do whatever it is that keep popping in your head to do. Its like the Bible teaches, life is like a vapor. Here today Nd gone tomorrow. We dont know what is in the future. So live now!!  No regrets...

No comments:

Post a Comment