Sunday, January 11, 2015

Surprises make the world go round

January 2 2015. Lee took us all to Nashville, tn, for an overnight shopping trip. We got a late start because we were deciding weather to go or not. Brennan had a nasty cold. But I figured he would be stuffy anywhere we war, so we headed out. It seemed to take forever to get there. It was so cloudy, cold, and dreary. I was starting to feel bad too. That was surprise number 1. We got to the motel, Guest House Inn. There is a really great coupon here. I was so gird and hadn't had much sleep. But off to the mall we went. Of course I felt awful, but agreed to be happy so the kids would have a good time. They bought shirts at Under Armour. That's, sadly, about all we got. After leaving the incredibly crowded mall, we went to Santa Fe to eat. Oh, boy was that the highlight! We had ribs, steak, chicken, sweet taters, veggies, rolls, fish, and let me tell ya it was DELICIOUS! We headed back to the room for a very loooong  night. Brennan tossed and turned some, but it was my legs and feet that were hurting solo bad.
    Morning finally came, and with that, Shoney's  breakfast bar. Yum......
    After that, a highlight was going to see the new puppy we are getting. I know. Puppy?? You say?? Sadly, we are getting out of schnauzers. Looking into more calm dogs. Lol. So in my search for dogs for a lazy owner, the shichon, aka teddy bear. Or zuchon, came up. I researched a long while, everything I could find about this mixed breed. Its a cross between a Shi Tzu and  a bichon frise. I was hooked! A dog breed to be a handicap Childs pet. That's right. Up y alley. A very smart, fluffy, funny, couch potato. Get me a one!!! We found happy wonderful homes for two of our wild schnauzers. Matches truly made in heaven. Breeze of course has puppies. So I found a lady that a raises them in a price range I could handle. So this leads me back to the story.
    After breakfast we stopped by the breeds house to see the puppy and make sure He looked ok. Right off I realized he had an under bite. So I knew I didn't want him. Surprise number 2!
    The lady said she had a few more pups. So while she her helper went to get them, the lady gave Reece a ball of cream colored fluff. He sat in his lap for at least the next 40 minutes while we doted on other dogs. I didn't even pay any attention to it. After I settled on a new pup, the lady all of a sudden said, '' Can I give him that dog?'' I said, ''what?'' Then she began to tell me that she'd nevĂ© seen him sit that still. They called him wild man. He was 15 weeks old, and he couldn't find a home because he wouldn't let people hold him he wS so wild. I told her I had just sold several. Wild dogs and didn't want another. She said  we could bring him back in two weeks, when we picked up the other pup, if it didn't work out.
    Astonishingly, lee said ok!!!! Well, long story short, he has been a good dog and he's not wild.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment